Moo Free Hazelnut Truffles Revew
Oh. My. God.
So decadent. So creamy. So rich. So beautiful.
Moo Free was the first brand of free from chocolate I settled on, and after I jumped ship to NOMO, I dediced to give these a try.
- TheVeganKind Cost: £4.99 (Some places £3.99.)
- Size: 108g
- Specified Free From: Dairy, Gluten, Soya
- Also ‘free from’*: Egg, Milk
- INGREDIENTS: Cocoa Shell [75%]: Cocoa [32%] (Utz Cocoa Butter, Utz Cocoa Mass), Sugar, Chicory Root Extract, Rice Starch, Coconut Oil, Rice Flour, Emulsifier (Sunflower Lecithin). HAZELNUTS Centre [25%]: HAZELNUTS [50%], Sugar.
- Allergy Notes: Hazlenuts, may contain traces of other nuts.
- Vegan/Vegetarian: Vegan
Smell, Taste & Texture
The Moo Free Hazelnut Truffles smell like roasted hazelnuts, no surprise there – they smell good! And I like that I can smell them unlike other chocs that just smell of … well nothing
THE TASTE IS AMAZING. They remind me so much of the Gillian chocolate I used to devour as a kid (before I made all the stomach problem related conditions). They were my favourite chocolates – I loved the shape, and the truffle texture in side. It was just right, and the Moo Free Hazelnut Truffles match my expectations (or at least my memory of them).
I love the slight hard shell that crumbles and the smoother hazlenut trauffle texture underneath. It is gorgeous. I will say that compared to the standard Moo Free bars the texture is silky and melt in your mouth, and not ‘oil and water don’t mind’ … if you eat a lot of free from chocolate you’ll know what I’m talking about!
I can’t really say much more about the Moo Free Hazelnut Truffles but that I’ve gone through at least 10 boxes of these since I discovered them.Maybe more.